SOLD OUT Virginie's Box of Hope
Virginie is the dye master at Handspun Hope. She cares for her three children and three nieces. She lost her husband when she was pregnant with her third child. In 2005, Virginie discovered she was HIV+. She spent many sleepless nights wondering how she would provide for her children. She now praises God for her home and employment. Virginie is now teaching several of the other widows to read and write.
“People say I am always smiling. I like to joke with others for the purpose of getting whoever is sad in a happy mood. In my free time, I love visiting friends and relatives and praying. I hope to own land and plant potatoes.”Included in Virginee's Box of Hope
- 3 gorgeous skeins of handspun Ethiopian Cotton yarn dyed naturally by the women of Handspun Hope with plant dyes sourced in Rwanda.
- Your choice of one of three shawl patterns from knitwear designer Bristol Ivy - ideal pairings with this stunning handspun cotton. Choose from Rillmark, Aubade or Fledgling for your perfect Handspun Hope Shawl!
- A delightful felted ornament crafted lovingly by members at Handspun Hope
- A signature Hello Hope project bag to carry any future projects you embark on!
- An alluring Olive Wood Shawl Stick from Rwanda – symbolic of wisdom, prosperity & longevity as the Olive Tree is known to live up to 600 years! Enjoy pairing the shawl stick piece with your handknit cotton shawl for added flair.
- Some delicious Lift Chocolate crafted right here in Boulder County!